“Ergonomics is the application of scientific information about human beings to the problems of design.” Stephen Pheasant
Ergonomics undertakes the study of the relationship between human beings, the artefacts and environments which they use with the specific intention of “changing things for the
better”. Cabas collections are defined, evaluated and then monitored throughout the entire development process. The fundamental criteria for good sitting postures and quality seats are the basis from which Cabas products are developed in order to obtain quality seats adapted both to user needs and desires.
A seat can be considered an anti-gravity device for the human body which helps people rest (and take the weight off their feet) while performing tasks and activities such as working, being entertained or simply relaxing. Therefore the main purpose of a seat is to provide stable bodily support and being:
– being comfortable over a period of time
– physiologically satisfactory
– appropriate to the type of use and environment
All Cabas items are evaluated according to user requirements in order to obtain quality seating from an ergonomic point of view. User requirements for seating are:
– SAFETY: from falling, scraping, bruising, tripping and trapping.
– PRACTICALITY, easy to use, to move, to clean, to repair, to store.
– ADAPTABILITY: to human body dimensions, habits and behaviours
– COMFORT: according to body curves. body support (soft & supportive), body thermo-regulation
– RESISTANCE: to wear & tear, to physical forces. durability of the product and its surfaces
– APPROPRIATENESS: to the specific task, activity and environment
– PLEASANTNESS: attractiveness, appeal, look and feel.